04 December, 2017
Almaty, Kazakhstan - Media Outreach workshop
The Media Outreach workshop is designed to provide participants with an overview of Electronic Payments, the benefits that it provides in an economy. In addition, it will also show the roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholders within the Payments ecosystem through the eyes of Visa. This workshop is designed specifically for journalists from print, online and TV with varying knowledge and experience.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the various components of an Electronic Payment System.
- Understand the differences between an Issuing and Acquiring Business and the strategies that drive each of them
- Understand how the payments need to be supported by a robust infrastructure that will drive the growing number of participants, channels and interactions within such a system
- Be aware of the risks involved and understand the importance of an effective Risk Management strategy
- Be able to see the application of potential new payment channels through class discussions
- Recognize the importance of the impact that electronic payments have on a national economy and creating an environment that will facilitate the development of programs that will enable such growth.
This workshop is designed specifically for journalists from print, online and TV with varying knowledge and experience.
View More Visa School of Public Policy Past Workshops